UltraSync BLUE is the first product from Timecode Systems to use Bluetooth® pairing to connect and synchronise compatible recording devices. Once connected, timecode is transmitted wirelessly from the UltraSync BLUE directly into the media file of a connected device. There are no cables and no mounting issues, giving more freedom to shoot from creative angles with smaller, more mobile cameras.
By removing the restrictions of a wired connection, crews not only gain extra convenience, they also get even more versatility to choose how they sync. Use a single UltraSync BLUE unit to sync up to four recording devices shooting in close range over Bluetooth®. Or alternatively, connect the UltraSync BLUE to a Timecode Systems RF network and sync to other camera and audio recorders using Timecode Systems units on the same channel.
It can even sync iPhones, providing an efficient way to integrate iPhone footage into professional shoots. The MAVIS professional camera app and Apogee’s MetaRecorder app (both for iPhone) are fully compatible with UltraSync BLUE. For the first time, there is a way to sync iPhones professionally, with sub-frame accuracy.
- UltraSync BLUE is currently compatible with the MAVIS professional camera app, Apogee’s MetaRecorder app and the MovieSlate8 app, all for iPhone, as well as Softron’s Mac based MovieRecorder and Multicam Logger software. The new Zoom H3VR Handy Recorder and F6 MultiTrack Field Recorders will be compatible on release, and support for the the F8 and F8n is available with the latest firmware updates.
- It has the potential to work with any camera or sound recording device with Bluetooth®. Please check our homepage for updates on integrations with other hardware and apps.
- UltraSync BLUE uses a patented, timing protocol that delivers unparalleled accuracy for the exchange of timecode over Bluetooth®.
- It offers the power of professional timecode sync in a compact, wireless product that’s small enough to fit in your pocket and affordable enough to be used on any type of production.
- Timecode is embedded into the media file and automatically recognised by professional NLEs.
- After first set-up, UltraSync BLUE remembers and automatically recognises your device.
- Compatible with all other Timecode Systems devices.
Dimensions: 55mm x 43mm x 17mm
Weight: 36g, 1.26oz
Blue OLED display: 128 x 32 pixel resolution
Internal power: Lithium Polymer rechargeable battery, 3.7V battery 800mAh 2.96Wh, approximately 20 hours duration. Charging time approx 3.5 hours.
External power: USB-C (5V DC)
Supported FPS modes: 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 29.97DF, 30DF
Supported sync outputs: PAL, NTSC, 720p, 720p2 (double frame rate)1080i-PSF1080p, 1080p2.
What’s in the box?
- UltraSync BLUE unit
- USB-C cable for charging