Now you can use your SyncBac PRO with the GoPro HERO7 Black
Have you seen how smooth video is with the new GoPro HERO7 Black? Without a gimbal. It's amazing. The standout feature of GoPro’s latest camera is definitely the huge advancement made with image stabilisation. And the great news is that to achieve this, they haven’t had to change the form factor of the device from the HERO6. This means the same SyncBac PRO you’ve been using for your HERO6 camera now fits and works an absolute treat with the new HERO7 Black.
Let’s recap – what are the SyncBac PRO options?
We have two SyncBac PRO models:
• The original SyncBac PRO works with GoPro HERO4 Black and Silver cameras.
• An updated model was released for the GoPro HERO6. This model now also works with the GoPro HERO7 Black.
• Unfortunately a SyncBac PRO for GoPro HERO5 was not possible.
Does it work the same for HERO6 and HERO7 Black?
Our tests so far…
• Confirmed that timecode is transmitted from the SyncBac PRO and embedded into the HERO7 Black camera’s media file. The core function of SyncBac PRO works exactly the same for the HERO7 Black as for the HERO6.
• Multiple HERO7 Black cameras using SyncBac PROs can be synchronised with complete ease and frame-accuracy.
• A HERO7 camera using SyncBac PRO can synchronise with any other recording device using Timecode Systems products.
• The great news is, an update to the HERO7 Black camera’s firmware allows the SyncBac PRO to forward external power from the USB port to the camera, offering a convenient way to extend battery life. This external powering option is still not an option for the GoPro HERO6. Please update your SyncBac PRO firmware to 2.07 to enable this for the HERO7 Black only.
• The camera is compatible with BLINK Hub for remote control. However, the newer camera settings and features introduced for the HERO7 Black are not currently built into the app. We are working on adding these new commands into BLINK Hub. An update will follow.