G E N E R A T E . S Y N C . S H A R E
Your trust means a lot to us, so we want to be 100% clear about how we collect, store and handle your personal data.
We want to give you the best possible experience with Timecode Systems. In order to deliver our products and services and to enable certain functions on this website (such as the online store), we gather and use certain information about individual visitors.
We also collect information to better understand what you are looking for from Timecode Systems, to alert you to relevant news and promotions, and to enable us to to continue to develop and improve how we present information on our website to enhance your experience of visiting www.timecodesystems.com.
Why do we collect data
The law on data protection outlines a number of reasons a company for which a company can collect and process personal data. We collect and use personal data for the following situations:
- When you have given your consent (e.g. sign up to email alerts)
- When your details are required to fulfil our service obligations (e.g. your address details when you place an order)
- Where there is a legitimate reason to use it in the running of our business, but does not impact on your rights (e.g. we may use your email details to send you information on products or promotions we think you may be interested in).
How do we collect data
We collect data in a few ways, including when you share information with us to make an online purchase, when you register your products for warranty or sign up for our emails. We treat your data with complete respect and care, and are committed to protecting it. Here’s a more thorough list of how we collect data:
When you visit any of our website
- When you make an online purchase (transaction-based data).
- When you create a customer account with us.
- When you register your products or sign up for a warranty
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you download or install one of our apps.
- When you contact us by any means with enquiries, support questions, complaints etc.
- When you ask one of our resellers to email you information about a product or service.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you come to visit us at a trade show or an event.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you fill in any forms, for example sign up forms.
- When you’ve given a third party (e.g. a reseller, production company, colleague etc) permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
We may use this data:
- For our own internal records
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry or order
- To process any orders that you make by using our website, or that are passed to us for fulfilment by a reseller. Your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product you’ve ordered and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any service obligations such as refunds and guarantees.
- To respond to your support queries, refund requests and complaints.
- To improve our products and services
- To personalise the website for you and ensure our content is interesting and relevant.
- We will use your personal data, with your consent, to keep you informed by email, social media or our website of relevant products and services, including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on. You are free to opt out of hearing from us at any time by updating your preferences.
What data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address and postal address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to your enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
When we’ll share your data
We will not share your information with third parties for promotional or marketing purposes. However, we sometimes share your details with trusted third parties to help us deliver a service to you. For example:
- Delivery couriers so we can so we can fulfil your order.
- Support technicians in our service centres so we can handle your technical enquiries promptly and deal with any complaints.
- Resellers where they can help you with a purchase decision or fulfil a sale on our behalf.
- IT companies who support our website and systems
How we protect your data
We will always hold your information securely. We will treat your data with complete respect and take appropriate steps to protect it. For example, our website is secured by SSL encryption and we provide secure access to our website using ‘https’ technology.
You can request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you
- Updates to your personal data when inaccurate, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing.
You can contact us to request any of the above at any time by contacting us a firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your right to remove consent
You have the right to withdraw consent and change your data preferences at any time. You can stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you and following the conformation process. We will then stop any further emails. Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
What are cookies and why are they used?
Cookies are small files which are stored on a user’s computer. They are required so that a website can recognise the same user clicking from page to page. Without it, every page would be treated as the first visit to the site, and anything added to a shopping basket would be forgotten.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. This usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and operations.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Store information about your preferences. This allows us to present you with information you will find more interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
How to manage cookies
We hope this information has been helpful but if you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact us on email@example.com.