5 ways wireless sync could reduce the cost of making your next show
When it comes to the future of television, it’s the viewers who are in the driving seat. With an ever-expanding selection of channels, viewing platforms and devices available to enhance viewing, production teams are at the mercy of the audience who now have the power to define their own viewing experience. As a result, story-telling is evolving to account for an omniplatform environment, filming methods are being restructured to allow for content mobility across multiple screen types and extra social media content is being created to build the all important social experience that supports event-based viewing.
But all this comes with ever-mounting additional production and postproduction costs. What if we could tell you we know a way to reduce these costs?
Here are the top 5 ways our multicamera sync and control solution can save you time and money during filming and the edit:
- There’s no need to manually slate cameras. You can record all day long without the time and hassle of having to disturb the creative flow of filming to create visual or audio sync markers.
- No re-jamming at lunch required. Whatever twists and turns filming takes, start and stop recording all day long with complete confidence that all video and sound sources are recording in sync.
- Keep your additional camera angles genuinely low-cost. Using DSLR and GoPro cameras for additional angles keeps camera costs low, but manually aligning multiple non-timecoded media files in postproduction is time-consuming and expensive. Our system is designed to work with all acquisition equipment, including DSLR and GoPro cameras, allowing all cameras to integrate automatically and efficiently into the production and postproduction workflow.
- Eliminate the time-zapping consequences of guesswork. BLINK Hub gives you access to a real-time snapshot of your production workflow directly from your smartphone, desktop or tablet, allowing you to make changes easily and identify problems promptly.
- Give your editors automatically aligned content. Although it’s possible to fix sync problems in the edit suite, hours and hours can be spent manually lining up each shot to sync with each other and with any separately recorded audio. Press play on the video above to see just how quickly content from a Canon C300 main camera and 8 GoPros is aligned…
Want to find out more? Join our webinar.
How to wirelessly sync & control a multi camera shoot
Date: October 18, 2017
Session 1: 9:00 am EST / 2:00 pm BST
Session 2: 12:00 pm EST / 5:00 pm BST
During the webinar we will cover:
- What makes our system different? We’ll explain our approach to sync and introduce our core products.
- Find out how our new UltraSync ONE works in a multicamera environment.
- Streamlined workflows for professional multicamera, DSLR, GoPro & 360-degree VR productions. See just how simple it is to build a Timecode Systems wireless sync network.
Register now to find out how our system could reduce the cost of making your next show.