3 reasons to update your :wave firmware today
But what does this actually mean for our users?
1. A slicker, more accurate sync: It’s even easier to display, manage and share timecode and metadata for takes recorded on 6-Series mixers.
With this latest upgrade, users can sync and share metadata and timecode via our bespoke interface cable (see TCB-40 or TCB-41) directly from the :wave’s data port to the USB port on a Sound Devices 6-Series mixer/recorder.
2. Advanced metadata management: The logging and reporting features of MovieSlate give you more control over your workflow. The integration of our technology not only ensures all recorded sound files contain the same accurate timecode as the cameras, but also allows for a full exchange of metadata. This makes information easier to access, allows you to do more with this information via the new Sound Recorder Sync Pro Feature of MovieSlate app and as a result gives production teams more power over their workflows creating a smoother production process.
3. Wireless control of Sound Devices’ 6-Series mixers/recorders from you iOS device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch). The MovieSlate 8.5 application (which runs on iOS 8, 9, or 10) connects to the :wave’s integrated WiFi interface. With Pro Features enabled, users can conveniently from their iOS device:
- Start/stop recordings
- Arm/disarm sound tracks with a single tap
- Assign track labels
- Monitor battery and memory card levels
- Sync timecode
- Edit metadata
- Effortlessly generate stunning sound reports
Find out more about the new MovieSlate Sound Recorder Sync Pro Feature